Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Fuelly

Fuelly

Fuelly

While browsing the FZ1 list I noticed some of the other members are using mileage logos from Fuelly in their signatures. Tracking mileage can give a long-term picture of a bike's health as well as alert you to tune-up or performance problems. So I've been tracking motorcycle mileage for many years using whatever technology I had available, e.g. text documents, spreadsheets, Google docs, etc. Fuelly looks like a fun and easy way to do it, although like most "cloud" services I question how much of my data will be available and for how long. So for now I continue to track mileage both with Fuelly and my Google doc spreadsheet.

The other thing about Fuelly is that presumably anyone who cares to can see my atrocious mileage although they won't necessarily know it's me. With the Google doc I can set sharing preferences so no one else can read it. I suppose I mostly don't care if anonymous web users can see my mileage, but it is a little embarrassing to be a motorcycle commuting advocate with bikes that get worse mileage than the average 4-wheel hybrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment